Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Matariki!

Matariki workshops!
Snip, snip! Scissors sliced the wool that we were fiddling with. We were in room 18 and we were making Poi. Once we finished getting the wool ready, we started a four plait. Georgia and I did my plait.I hadn't done a four plait before and it was a little bit tricky but I did OK. When we finished our Poi,I was pretty happy with mine but I think I made it too short.


After morning tea, I did Myths and legends. We listened to a man telling Maori stories. It wasn't what I was expecting but the man was a great story teller.


Finally, after we had our lunch, I did Rakau ( Maori stick games). First we learnt a game called Maui, Matau.I think I was pretty good at it and it was really fun!

At the end of the day all of rimu hub met in the hall to say thanks to the people who came and taught us all those things. I thought the day was pretty fun and I learnt lots too!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Malena what a fun day you had

    ReplyDelete