Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ouch!

Ouch!

As we drove to the pharmacy, nervous thoughts filled my head. Was it going to hurt? I felt my ear lobes. They were soft and fuzzy. I knew that they would never feel like that again. We arrived at the pharmacy and went inside.

As we went up to the counter I started to get butterflies in my stomach. The man asked me which earrings I would like. I went with the diamond ones. He went into a small room at the back of the shop and after a lot of searching he came back with the earrings. Then he led me into the small room and sat me in a chair.

First he cleaned my ears with antiseptic lotion. Then he inserted an earring into a sort of needle thing. He asked me if I was ready. I thought about it for a while, then nodded my head. I felt the needle press against my ear and then go straight through. My brain screamed “OWW!” but then I realised it wasn’t so bad after all. The man got ready to do the second one.This time it was really fast and it hurt a bit more. Then he gave me a mirror so I could see myself. I looked really different.

While he talked to my mum about keeping them clean, I thought things over. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Feelings seemed to be bottled up inside me. My ears felt hot and stingy. Mum and I thanked the man and went out to pay for some stuff. On the way home my ears turned red and they felt really itchy. That was the weirdest experience of my life!

By Malena.

No comments:

Post a Comment